Over the past couple of weeks, you have no doubt heard about the closure of several high street retailers, namely Jessops, HMV and Blockbuster. It wasn't all that long ago we lost Woolworths, and most recently, Game ad Jonathan James have struggled. I'll be honest, out of the 3 recent closures, HMV doesn't at all surprise me. You might think I'm just saying this, but Dec 24th 2011 I actually said to the other half that within a year they would be gone from the high street. Ok, I may have been a couple of weeks off on my prediction, but hey, I guessed it. My reason? Well, it was December 24th, 2011, and we had popped into town. Noticing how dead and empty the town centre was, I just happened to mention that within 25 years, there will be no high street. In fact, in 25 years, all I see our "high streets" consisting of are clothes shops, cafes/coffee shops and maybe shops that offer a service. As I work (read as co run) a successful e-commerce stor...
Comments
Post a Comment